News · 04/07/2019
Even though you’ve got removalists doing most of the heavy lifting when it comes to moving house or office, it can still be a lengthy and tiring process for you. But it doesn’t have to be — we’ve compiled a handy list of steps that you should take before your removal team arrives to make the whole process quicker and easier when it’s finally time for the big move.
• Dismantle bed and gym equipment. Doing this means that the removalists won’t have to spend time fiddling around with stands and legs, meaning they can be in and out much faster. Putting all your pillows, blankets and bedding away will also make the whole process a lot swifter.
• Manage your dangerous goods properly. For insurance and liability reasons, removalists cannot transport flammables, explosives, poisons, corrosives and other dangerous substances — even a mower that still contains fuel. Make sure you separate such items from everything else to avoid last minute confusion when the removal team arrives.
• Disconnect your electrical items. Due to new OHS regulations that have come into effect, removalists are prohibited from disconnecting electrical items from power, meaning that you will have to do it yourself.
• Ensure there is parking nearby for the removal team. Due to the risk of heavy trucks cracking the pavement, removalists will not park in driveways. Make sure you reserve ample space for the truck to park and for the removalists to conveniently manoeuvre the things you’re moving nearby, and make sure that the removal team has convenient access to your property.
• Washing machines. After disconnecting your washing machine from its water and power supply, make sure you lower the hoses to drain them.
• Charge your phone. The single biggest obstacle to any removal job is the removal team arriving and not being able to track down the client! Removals can’t be carried out without access being provided by the client, so make sure you have your mobile switched on and on you at all times so that you know when the removalists will arrive. Consider providing the removal team with an alternative contact number just in case.
Following our checklist will mean that the removalists will be able to get the job done more efficiently when they arrive, meaning that minimal disruption to your business is caused or that you will be able to move in to your new home with much less hassle.
Moving house is one of the five most stressful events in a person’s life. It ranks up ...
A list of important things that you should do before moving into a new home.
When moving house many things need to be considered, not the least of which is your ...
Thousands of people trust Acrobat Removals & Storage with their move each year. Our years of experience and commitment to making this experience easy has meant many of our customers come back to us and refer us to others.
9 Friesian Close
Sandgate NSW 2304
02 4940 9500